Junior Loan Operations Associate (Bi-lingual English/Japanese)
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020
Tremendous full-time direct hire career opportunity with an international organization that offers a great work environment, interesting projects and competitive compensation (50-55K+ bonus).
Great opportunity to jump start your banking career with a top tier company!
In this role you will:
- Handle domestic loan administration work (funding arrangement, preparing Information Sheets, processing payment, ...) based on the instructions received from agent banks and / or lending front office on routine matters; and verify that these instructions are in compliance with the terms set by the binding agreement.
- Process assigned non-routine loan activities such as purchases, refinancing, amendment, termination and sale.
- Enter new customers and facilities into the loan management system.
- Capture credit related transactions and payments
- Maintain operational ledgers and forms.
- Monitor and apply incoming fees and interest payments; investigate cash discrepancies associated with the responsible accounts, claim compensation if necessary and follow up on the reconcilement file.
- Ensure that all cash movements are properly recorded on Cash Position Sheet and reported to Funds Transfer and other relevant departments.
- Conduct daily nostro reconcilement.
- Prepare Information Sheets, tickets and confirmation forms based on written instructions once deal is established and prepare related reports for management.
- Handle back-office operations for bonds acquired by Lending Group. This includes: capturing new bond products in the system, processing purchase, sale, redemption and coupon payments as well as timely funding of floating bonds.
- Some loan operations experience preferred but strong organization skills combined with some related accounting, finance or bookkeeping experience is OK.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bilingual English and Japanese.