IT Security Analyst (Contract-to-hire)
Somerville, NJ 08876
We have an immediate hire long term consulting opportunity for an IT Security Analyst.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support, administration and engineering of several core security tools working on-site at a very high profile mid-sized Biotech Company.
You will perform day-to-day security operations of the solutions already in place including the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems.
You will also be involved in the implementation of new security solutions, participating in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
Interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment with the opportunity for conversion to full-time direct hire.
In summary you will:
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices (i.e., security tools, workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all security solutions, review logs and reports of all devices; interpret the implications of activities and devise plans for resolution.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in Network Security with strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network protocols.
- Extensive experience with Endpopint security products such as Symantec, Carbon Black, LogRhythm
- Working technical knowledge of Cloud Based Backup and Encryption Solution
- Strong understanding of DLP, IDS, IPS
- Familiarity with Active Directory, AD Sync, GPO, Certificate Server, Okta SSO, SAM
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and product
- One or more of the following cybersecurity related certifications: Security+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security,....
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science, MIS, Information Science or related course of study preferred.