Dayton, OH 45414
Would you like to run the IT Infrastructure for a mid-sized company in the Dayton Ohio area?
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to lead a small Information Technology Group.
This is an amazing full-time direct hire opportunity to work for a premier mid-sized manufacturing company that offers interesting IT projects, an excellent benefits package and career growth.
You will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
In this role you will need to work closely with business leader stakeholders in other departments building relationships and helping to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for several different part of the organization.
In summary this will include:
1) Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Group' s operational and strategic planning; this will include fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating all relevant resources.
2) Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Group, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service support.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendors, outsourcers, and consultants contracts and service agreements.
3) Operational Management
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Oversee end-user services including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
Relocation assistance available for a well qualified candidate.
- 10+ years of related IT management/leadership work experience
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products and to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to non-IT audiences
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred including experience creating business cases, budgets,...
- Strong technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards and PC operating systems
- Experience with O365, Sharepoint online and Exchange
- Extensive ERP application support experience within a Manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Requires regular interaction with shop floor managers and production staff to understand and provide technology solutions for the manufacturing operations
- Completed college degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative course of study