IT Leader - Commercial Real Estate (CIO)
Boston, MA 02109 US
This is a CIO level career opportunity to participate at a high level developing technology architecture and strategy for a premiere firm that is committed using technology to enhance growth.
You will have overall responsibility for managing the company’ s technological infrastructure solutions and vision.
In summary, this will include:
- Setting the overall technological vision for the company and its affiliates and planning and implementing technology solutions that will continue to add value.
- Data management and systems integration in addition to the design, implementation and maintenance of all information technology systems.
- The oversight of all consultants and other third-party vendors who maintain the security and integrity of all data.
- As a member of the senior management team, focus on contributing to the success of company and the timely achievement of the firm’ s goals.
- The initial focus will be the completion of an enterprise Yardi implementation (full suite including all modules) and integrated systems.
- Working closely with the Financial Reporting and Asset Management groups to provide each with the necessary information and tools.
- Implement Yardi and related modules
- Align IT objectives and initiatives with the company vision, needs and strategic goals
- Maximize the mix of in-house versus outsourced services to optimize cost and efficiency of implementation and maintenance
- Ensure systems security and redundancy to mitigate risk
- Oversee all information technology systems (tech stack: Yardi, VTS, Coyote, Salesforce, MS Teams, DocuSign, Zoom, VPN,…) and coordinate day-to-day support with IT consultants and other third-party support vendors ensuring all employees can be online with access to all necessary systems and data with minimal down time
- Establish and maintain an information security plan to ensure proper measures and protocols are in place to prevent cyber and data breaches
- Define metrics by which technology and technological services can be measured based on performance in supporting the overall business objectives
- Suggest hardware and software upgrades as appropriate to improve security, operations, consistency and budgetary success
- Lead financial reporting technology-based initiatives set by the Company, including: the full implementation of Yardi, Black Diamond and other new technology solutions
- Ensure ongoing support for VTS, Coyote, Salesforce and other software applications in use
- Determine new technologies that can add to overall efficiency and organizational throughput of each department and the overall organization
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers for installing new technology and providing professional services and/or training for employees
- Implement all new technologies, defining the design, testing and overall implementation strategies
- Maintain current systems, ensuring data integrity by maintaining and monitoring with threat protection systems
- Collaborate with managers and ownership to measure system and resource use and allocation
- Supervise the development and advancement of the Company’ s communications network
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses for every change IT workflow
- Work in collaboration and partnership with Financial Reporting, Asset Management and other departments to provide timely and user friendly reporting deliverables for outside stakeholders
- Attend Investment Committee and Asset Management meetings to fully understand information needs and communicate status
- Investigate and implement new investor relations communication software and systems
- Maximize efficiency of Work From Home
- Support importing historic financial information resulting in the “ quick and efficient” return calculations
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role as IT Director, CTO or CIO within the commercial real estate industry
- Strong people and program leadership skills
- Deep experience with the full suite of enterprise Yardi solutions (all modules)
- Excellent project management skills; with significant experience in systems implementation
- Experience with long term strategic planning, budgeting, vendor management
- Proven history of successful execution of defined goals
- Experience in developing, training and managing IT and Data resources for both in-house and outsourced solutions
- Very strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- BA/BS required with graduate degree in a related field (MBA, MIS) preferred