New York, NY 10007
High Profile International Bank has an immediate need for an IT Auditor on a long term contract basis.
You will assist the Department Head in performing IT-related audits, internal control assessments, or reviews of compliance with established Bank policy and procedures, or laws and regulations.
This will include examining records/reports/operating practices and documenting sample selected, test performed, test results, audit conclusion and findings.
- Plan and perform IT audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan and upon management’s request;
- Conduct meetings/interviews/walkthroughs with Branch management and personnel to assess how controls are functioning in a specific area;
- Execute testing of specified area and identifies potential or reportable issues;
- Draft audit findings/reports;
- Collect evidence or performs testing on corrective actions to ensure that remediation implemented is effective;
- Document sample selected, fieldwork performed, test results, conclusion and findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Assist the department head in verifying that the Branch is in compliance with all applicable banking rules, related laws and regulations and industry best practice;
- Verify IT-related internal controls and risk management in the Branch;
- Verify the accuracy of the information being provided in regulatory reports and letters;
- Verify the effectiveness of the information security in the branch’s operations;
- Verify compliance with the Branch’s and departmental policy and procedures, the guidance from Head Office as well as the applicable U.S. rules and regulations;
- Maintain professional competence by attending seminars, participating in professional societies, and reading pertinent publications;
- 3+ years IT audit experience through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
- Possesses an appropriate combination of technical expertise in auditing, finance, technology, operations and investigations;
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CISA, or CAMS, a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or Information System preferred.