Financial Reporting Analyst
60000 - 70000 New York, NY 10017
Top Firm in NYC has a full-time opportunity for experience Financial Reporting Specialist with strong SQL report writing skills.
This is a direct hire full time position with a firm that offers a very collegial and professional work environment combined with a very competitive compensation package.
You will be responsible for assisting management with all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
This will include matter modeling, analysis, forecasting and various other aspects of financial analytics.
You will also assist in the management of the firm rate agreements, including loading rates, rate analysis and colaborating with Management and Finance on all billing rate related issues.
In summary you will:
- Assist in creation of monthly and ad-hoc Client/Matter Profitability Analysis
- Complete various reconciliation processes around cost and bill rate maintenance
- Assist with analysis of current Client/Matter metrics and Office/Section metrics, communicating trends and implications to firm decision makers.
- Use financial reporting systems to create models to assist in future billing deals with clients and budgeting for internal purposes
- Gather financial data for RFPs for existing and perspective business development opportunities.
- Develop new approaches to integrate information that will improve access to information for firm decision makers
- Be familiar with maintenance of client billing exception rates
- Responsible for review of special billing arrangement documents, generation and implementation of guideline summaries and quality control checks
- Communicate client guideline policies to Firm members to ensure compliance with billing requirements and follow up on discount application as needed
- Identify unusual patterns that require further action and make recommendations for action to management
- 4+ years of financial analysis and/or legal billing experience in legal or related field required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with legal billing systems and very strong SQL reporting skills
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance course of study preferred.
Great benefits package