Endpoint Security Engineer
New York, NY 10017
We are hiring an Endpoint Security Engineer for a long term contract consultancy working on-site in midtown Manhattan.*
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment. There is the possibility of converting to full-time after 6-9 months.
In summary you will be responsible for the implementation, engineering, and management of security initiatives related to the end-point devices, evaluation and adoption of new systems. You will also perform other related security tasks such as Palo Alto firewall administration.
*Due to COVID the role is currently 100% remote
- Endpoint management and best practices.
- 3+ years of experience implementing Vulnerability Management solutions, including strong knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools is required.
- Vulnerability Management (Tenable/Nessus experience preferred) including scanning, mitigation, ruling out false positives and providing exceptions.
- Palo Alto Firewall administration, network security, operations and management best practices.
- SIEM (LogRhythm), Carbon Black
- Basic network design and infrastructure
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Basic scripting skills (Python, PowerShell,...)
- Good Project Management skills
- Knowledge of enterprise patching / software rollouts and IBM BigFix experience is preferred.
- Completed Bachelor’ s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study