Electronics/Desktop Field Technician
South Ozone Park, NY 11420
Immediate career opportunity available for experienced Electronics/Desktop Field Technician .
This role will utilize both your hands-on Desktop Support PC skills and your Electromechanical Equipment Repair expertise.
You will troubleshoot and repair electromechanical equipment to the component level in the field and at the bench, soldering and using various hand tools and electronic test equipment. You will also repair all aspects of desktop computers, peripherals and troubleshoot down to component level, configuring new software and hardware.
This is an immediate hire position with a stable company.
* 2+ years of related hands-on work experience .
* Completed technical Degree in Electronics and Computers or related course of study.
* Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems in the field and at a workbench.
* Must also be familiar with desktop computers.
* Must be able to read schematics and troubleshoot down to component level.
* Knowledge of simple networking (TCP/IP,...), network cabling, and operating systems (Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8).
* Must be capable of installing and configuring new hardware and software.
* Ability to lift heavy equipment as necessary (hardware, servers,...
* Must be available for all shifts to cover a 24/7 operation.
* Valid driver’s license.