DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
New York, NY 10017
A top tier Asset Management wants to hire you as a DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer focusing on automation and scripting of infrastructure processes and integrations.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a high end financial organization that is committed to the next generation of efficient infrastructure. Interesting work and supportive management (you must take at least 2 weeks of training every year!)make this an interesting and unique career opportunity.
Very competitive compensation 130-175K+ 30-40% bonus and a great benefits package.
In summary you will:
- Manage and monitor systems and infrastructure, analyzing systems and building custom automation and integration solutions
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce IT group employees time required for tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Provide 3rd level support IT Support resolving critical software and hardware issues in a time sensitive manner
- Liaise with vendors
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role with increasing responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of PowerShell, Python or similar scripting language
- Experience with automation software (Puppet / Ansible) very helpful.
- Knowledge of open source solutions, including experience integrating third party API's to extend of the shelf software and management systems.
- Very strong analytical skills as many of the solutions you will build involve doing a deep dive into current configurations and then developing more efficient processes.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft applications/infrastructure: Microsoft Active Directory 2012/2016, Microsoft Office 0365 Exchange – Office 2016, Microsoft file and print services, Microsoft Windows 2007 and 2010, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS.
- VMware ESXi (5.5 – 6.5) engineering-level build and configuration experience
- Must be fluent with Windows networking and advanced desktop support with thorough understanding of LAN/WAN design, configuration, and administration with hands on experience with building, maintaining, troubleshooting of Servers, Workstations, Networks with the ability to evaluate and research problems/technology outside current knowledge or experience
- Understanding of secure computing environments and the ability to maintain such environments
- Bachelor Degree with Computer Science or related course of study strongly preferred
Great benefits and perks