Desktop Support Technician
New York, NY 10017
We are hiring for an immediate Desktop Support Technician role.
Working in midtown Manhattan you will provide hands-on systems support in a production environment in a very professional fast paced professional environment.
In this role you will:
- Configure and deploy laptops for executives
- Manage technology inventory including retiring old equipment
- For the trading floor and corporate offices you will manage break fix issues- troubleshooting, documenting and resolving issues
- Support a variety of Windows based physical and virtual machines
- Support several market data platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters), as well as other financial applications
This is an immediate hire on a long term contract basis with the possibility of conversion to full-time.
- Strong hands-on desktop support experience
- Some related experience in the banking and/or financial industry including trading floor and Market Data (Reuters, Bloomberg,...) strongly preferred.
- Detailed knowledge in PC/laptop hardware, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), antivirus and general desktop end point security, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Active Directory (joining endpoints to domain,...), Clonezilla (imaging software for laptops), 10Zig Manager Console (for imaging 10Zig thin clients).
- Proficient knowledge of virtual infrastructure VMware Horizon View environment preferred
- Experience preparing and deploying laptops for executives
- Experience managing PC equipment inventory
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to move physical equipment hardware
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Completed college degree with Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study preferred