New York, NY 10017 | Contract
We have an immediate hire long term consulting opportunity working on-site in Manhattan as a Cybersecurity Engineer.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the implementation and maintenance of several core security tools working on-site at a high profile mid-sized Asset Management Firm.
Interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment with the opportunity for conversion to full-time direct hire.
In summary you will:
- Assist in the design, implementation and configuration of security tools
- Configure and troubleshoot security systems including the SIEM, endpoint security solutions, application whitelisting tools, firewalls, penetration and vulnerability scanning and analysis.
- Create and maintain documentation, procedures and runbooks for security tools
- Conduct vulnerability analysis on infrastructure and applications using industry-standard tools, create remediation recommendations and plans, and work with application/infrastructure owners to address security issues
- Conduct penetration tests on infrastructure/applications and on any new deployments prior to go-live
- Monitor and act as an escalation point for any potential security breaches and/or incidents
- Conduct thorough investigation into potential incidents and write detailed reports on actions taken
- Experience deploying endpoint security tools
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools and their use
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Involvement in planning, researching and developing security procedures and runbooks
- Proven understanding of application whitelisting (Bit9/Carbon Black, Lumension,...)
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) configuration and management experience (Solarwinds, LogRhythm, Splunk,...).
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests (Nessus, Metasploit,... )
- Experience using industry standard incident response and forensic tools