New York, NY 10022
Top Firm in NYC has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Collections Coordinator .
This is a direct hire career opportunity with a high profile firm that offers competitive compensation (60-70K+) and a very strong benefits package.
You will be responsible for working with partners and clients in the monitoring, handling, tracking and collection of invoices and all matters relating to accounts receivable.
In summary you will:
- Monitor and track accounts receivable, review information for accuracy and ensure that all relevant information is correct and in accordance with departmental and Firm policies and guidelines
- Work with Partners in the management of their accounts receivable, keeping them abreast of potential collection issues
- Maintain contact with key personnel to resolve discrepancies and ensure prompt payment
- Work cooperatively with the billing department to resolve issues with invoices submitted electronically
- Research and analyze collection issues, coordinate with appropriate personnel to identify and resolve further aging of delinquent balances; contact clients according to Firm policy regarding accounts
- Perform analysis, identify and help to resolve exposures and issues, communicate findings to manager
- Attend Partner meetings and weekly management meeting to review collection comments; review and update comments for reports distributed to Partners
- Provide back up to the cash application process
- 2+ years of collection experience in a professional services organization required
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing
- Strong math skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Familiarity with ARCS Collection Software or similar professional collection software
- Ability to maintain relationships with internal and external clients and effectively address concerns
- Strong initiative and critical judgment skills with the ability to plan and complete daily activities with minimal direction
- Can organize, prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities, with the ability to effectively meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Experience in a law firm strongly preferred
- Bachelor' s degree required