Business Analyst (Applications Development)
New York, NY 10017
A very high profile but mid-sized Asset Management firm seeks Business Analyst with strong applications development, integration and support experience.
Great full time direct hire career opportunity with expanding mid-sized organization that offers competitive compensation package and very generous benefits package.
You will be work as part of the IT Applications Development group on a variety of projects.
In summary, you will be:
- Assisting business units with stating the business case for applications projects
- Gathering, translating, simplifying, analyzing and organizing requirements
- Participating in the translation of user needs into effective technical requirements and test cases
- Planning and monitoring of projects
- Stable work history that includes 1+ years of experience as business analyst developing and successfully releasing applications
- Ideal profile is someone who started their career in applications development/programming (1+ years of hands-on applications development required) and has evolved into a Business Analyst and thus has very strong knowledge and experience in: applications development, Visual Studio, .NET Framework, API use and implementation, database design, database normalization, database query building, SQL Server stored procedures, views and triggers development
- Some related experience working with data warehouses, Cognos, data governance preferred
- Financial Services or banking industry experience required with some project exposure to payments and treasury / capital markets systems preferred
- Completed Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related course of study