Bank Corporate Tax Accountant
New York, NY 10017
Top mid-sized bank seeks Corporate Tax Accountant.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a competitive salary of 75-85K + incentives and a great benefits package.
Great company, nice work environment.
In this role you will:
* Prepare, check and verify Federal, NY State, NY City, Withholding tax, FATCA requirement, sales / use taxes.
* Quarterly tax estimates, annual tax return 1120F, collaborate combined tax filings with affiliated companies
* Address new tax regulations (FATCA, Federal, State, New York City,…)
* Manage tax audits
* Consult and negotiate with external tax advisory organizations
* Change management regarding tax rules and regulations
* Work with managers on issues related to corporate tax/transactional tax generated by new products or structured financial investments
* Supervise tax associates, educating and training junior staff
* Develop and implement tax related compliance procedures, including department manual
* Work with IT group on automation projects
* Validate significant changes in transactions and ensure data reflect current business and market activity in the preparation of tax filing.
* Act as backup for general accounting, regulatory reporting, and financial operations.
* Completed Bachelor’s degree with Accounting / Finance / Tax or related course of study
* 4+ years of experience in corporate taxation
* CPA desirable with focus on US Corporate Taxation and Withholding Taxation
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
* Understanding of all aspects of financial statements