Bank Auditor Quality Assurance
New York, NY 10017
Mid-sized Asset Management Firm seeks Quality Assurance Internal Auditor.
This is a full time direct hire role with an expanding financial services company that offers interesting work, opportunity for promotion, competitive compensation 130-150K+ bonus and great benefits package.
You will be responsible for performance of independent Quality Assurance review of Audits.
In summary, you will:
- Maintain a robust Quality Assurance and Improvement program as well as other key administrative and management activities for the Internal Audit Group (development and implementation of leading practices, strategy, methodology and tools,...).
- Development and maintenance of the Audit Group policies and Procedures, including the Internal Audit Methodology/ Audit Procedure Manual and other relevant documentation to ensure they are in line with current practices and that they reflect changes to industry standards and current regulations and business practices, system enhancements, industry best practices, emerging risks and with a forward looking perspective.
- Responsible for the annual planning process, risk assessment process, continuous monitoring process, issue tracking process and tollgate process.
- Develop regular and ad-hoc internal audit presentations and reports for audit committee, and senior management meetings.
- Administration of technical support aspects related to the system tools (e.g., Visio, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques) used by the Internal Audit group, including the audit work paper tool.
- 8+ years of experience in Internal Audit/professional practice space.
- Strong knowledge of International Internal Audit (IIA) standards, International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and regulatory guidelines (FRB SR 13-1, OCC Heightened Standards).
- Extensive experience performing individual audit Quality Assurances reviews.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- Professional certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required; additional relevant certification in public accounting or internal auditing (CPA, CISA) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor' s Degree or an advanced degree with Accounting or in related course of study preferred, Master' s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.