New York, NY 10006
We are hiring an Bank Auditor to work onsite at a High Profile International Bank on a long term contract/contract to hire basis.
You will assist the department head in performing audits, internal control assessments, and reviews of compliance with established policy and procedures, and laws and regulations.
- Tasks include examining records, reports, and operating practices and documenting sample selected, test performed, test results, audit conclusion and findings.
- Plans and performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan;
- Conducts meetings/interviews/walkthroughs with Branch management and personnel to assess how controls are functioning in a specific area;
- Executes testing of specified area and identifies potential or reportable issues;
- Communicates findings to line management responsible for the area audited and the Department Head;
- Drafts audit findings/reports;
- Collects evidence or performs testing on corrective actions to ensure that remediation implemented is effective;
- Documents sample selected, fieldwork performed, test results, conclusion and findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Organizes supporting documents to support audit conclusion;
- Performs other duties as assigned provided that the duties performed do not infringe on the auditor’ s independence or objectivity;
- 3+ years’ audit experience through public accounting/auditing and/or internal audit experience in banking industry.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or Information System preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently;
- Possesses an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, and investigations;
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CISA, or CAMS, a plus;