A/R Collections Associate
Norwood, MA 02062
Top Company seeks A/R Collections Associate with 1+ years of business to business collections experience.
In this role you will use your strong communication skills to establish rapport with corporate customers as you analyze their business needs, purchase history and payment patterns.
Daily activities include monitoring real time orders, reviewing account history, analyzing order/payment history, processing and posting Accounts Receivable cash and process electronic payments, and calling customers to review, clarify, discuss and collect.
- Analyze trends, identify issues and make recommendations
- Identify issues attributable to account delinquency
- Research and process past due invoices, working with vendors on invoice statements
- Identify issues and with clients and internal departments to resolve
- Provide client-centric data to senior management
This role involves extensive phone work and you must be skilled, assertive and sophisticated in your approach as you will be establishing relationships with long term customers not simply banging out aggressive collections calls with one-off customers.
This leading national niche wholesaler who offers a professional work environment, career stability, outstanding benefits and competitive compensation.
- Minimum of 1+ years of accounting experience with extensive accounts receivable / credit knowledge including some related accounts receivable/credit accounting experience
- 1+ years of business to business collections experience
- A track record of building relationships with customers in a collections role
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong Excel skills (lookups, complex formulas, pivot tables, linking, short-cuts) and experience in an automated Accounts Receivable/Collections environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to identify trends in large data sets
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- College degree required, BS in Finance or Accounting preferred