Data Governance / Data Management Consultant
New York, NY 10017
We are hiring for an Data Governance Consultancy (6+ months) in Manhattan.
You will play an important Data Management role implementing the enterprise data strategy and Key Data Element (KDE) management; this will include establishing and maintaining business data specifications and requirements, SOP' s and data standards:
In summary you will:
- Align with the Data Management Integrated Control Framework (DMICF)
- Identify and implement controls in the data production, aggregation and consumption layers
- Prepare profiling analysis and exception outliers as they are identified and defined in the Data Governance process
- Document complete lifecycle processes for Key Data Elements (" KDE") and contribute to CUSO EDM Strategy to implement controls at the data production, aggregation and consumption layers.
- Partner with data custodians to manage the Key Data Elements (" KDE") lifecycle process
- Contribute effectively to the execution of the Enterprise Data Strategy, KDE management and related efforts.
- Establish and maintain business data specifications and requirements, SOP' ss and data standards.
- Support enterprise-wide adherence to Basel Committee for Banking and Supervision (" BCBS") 239 processes defined by the Data Governance Manager.
- Be the SME on enterprise data domains and attributes. Work with functional units to identify business terms, define rules and standards, lineage mapping and socialize progress among stakeholders.
- Work with Business Process Owners and the Data Governance User Group to identify, classify and define each assigned KDE to ensure each element has a clear and unambiguous definition.
- Initiate and oversee changes (i.e. creation, modification, deletion) to KDEs, recommend the prioritization and identify the impact for the key stakeholders.
- Document and maintain data calculation rules, data sourcing rules, data transformation rules in a centralized data governance repository.
- Be the SME on data management processes for the EDM program. Work with functional units and CUSO team, to align KDEs to the Business Information Modeling (BIM) on CUSO level.
- Maintain (creation, modification, deletion) KDE' s in the Enterprise wide KDE glossary (Information Governance Catalogue) as well as in Collibra for CUSO alignment.
- Support the creation of cradle-to-grave mapping document (lineage) of KDEs as they are identified and defined by the Data Governance team
- 5+ years of business process and/or data management relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Management Program as well as a sound understanding of metadata management, data quality concepts and familiarity with regulatory requirements of the financial services industry
- Extensive BCBS 239 experience
- Knowledge of KDE identification, data attributes, metadata management and lineage documentation.
- Deep experience with relational databases, metadata modeling and taxonomy concepts
- Experience in process design (Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred)
- .NET Framework, SQL, Collibra, IBM Infosphere, Excel
- Completed Bachelor' s degree with Computer Science or related quantitative (math, engineering,...) course of study