Trading Floor Desktop Support Engineer
New York, NY | Contract
We have great career opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to provide hands-on trading systems support in a production environment.
In this role you will:
- For the trading floor and corporate offices you will manage break fix issues- troubleshooting, documenting and resolving issues
- Support a variety of Windows based physical and VMware virtual machines
- Support several market data platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters), as well as other financial applications
This is an immediate hire on a long term contract basis with the possibility of conversion to full-time.
- 5+ year of hands-on desktop support experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the banking and/or financial industry including trading floor and Market Data (Reuters, Bloomberg,...)
- Proficient knowledge of virtual infrastructure VMware environment
- Detailed knowledge in PC hardware, Windows OS, MS Office including Word, Excel, Exchange and Outlook, antivirus and general desktop end point security,
- Ability to move physical equipment hardware
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Completed college degree with Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study preferred