Lexington, MA | Full Time
High Profile Company seeks Systems Engineer to be responsible for the design, implementation, administration and support of the corporate IT Infrastructure.
This is a full-time direct hire role with an expanding mid-sized company that offers competitive compensation in addition to a very comprehensive benefits package.
This is a hybrid role and you will manage the IT Server and Network infrastructure providing escalated support including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for server/network/VoIP environment.
Thus, you will:
* Install, maintain and support WAN and LAN solutions such as servers, system software, software applications, routers, switches, access points, VoIP, modems, and cabling...
* Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
* Monitor and analyze network and server utilization and security.
* Resolve escalated software, hardware, and operations problems.
* Assist in the development and management of policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, backup and disaster recovery.
* Manage infrastructure projects and contribute to the infrastructure operations strategic planning.
* 3+ years of IT systems administration and support experience
* Strong Windows Server 2008/2012 and Microsoft Windows 7/10 experience including Microsoft Active Directory user and group management, OU design, file permissions, user rights management, and Group Policy and some VMware or Hyper-V virtualization administration experience
* Microsoft Exchange recipient policies, storage groups, SMTP virtual servers, and security
* Network background that includes TCP/IP stack, network design and troubleshooting, network security, switch and router configuration, network cabling, and secure remote access protocols
* Data center experience that includes rack and cabinet management, cable management, hardware installation, environmental control and power protection
* VoIP experience (MPLS,...)
* Shared storage solution experience NAS/NFS, SAN/iSCSI, and RAID
* Microsoft SharePoint and s some related Microsoft SQL Server database management, backup and recovery, security, and performance tuning preferred
* A+ and Network+ Certifications required, MCSE certification is preferred
* Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study