Senior QA Engineer (.NET) – Long Term Contract
Cambridge, MA | Contract
Emerging Biotech Company seeks Senior .NET QA Engineer contractor to work on long term project.
You will work as part of an Agile Development Team to take the responsibility of the QA aspect of the software platform.
You will be responsible for setting up the QA infrastructure and implementing best practices, collaborating with in-house and offshore software development teams.
In summary you will:
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Business Units and the Development Team to understand the requirements clearly and write test cases and automated test scripts.
• Set up the test environments and build out interdependent test beds.
• Estimate, design, develop and execute automatic test procedures and test cases based on requirements.
• Participate in Scrum meetings and work collaboratively with team members to make sure unit tests cover all test scenarios.
• Assist developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved.
• Perform software defects tracking and regression for identified software defects and performance issues.
• Perform regular testing (manual, automation [UI/load], database) activities across the software product releases.
• Use appropriate quality control tools to uncover defects, discover the state of the code and record test results and defects.
• Provide test related technical direction within the scrum team.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study
• 6+ years of direct work experience related in testing data centric Web and windows applications.
• Experience working with release procedures, test methodologies, QA process and software defect tracking.
• Experience in setting up, configuring and maintaining automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting.
• Demonstrated expert level of implementing test methodologies and tools (Selenium, NUnit and TFS) to write automated test script, test plans and test cases for software products.
• Some understanding in OOAD principles, methodologies, object oriented languages (e.g. C#), and scripting languages (e.g. Java script, JQuery)
• Knowledge and experience with web technologies (e.g., HTML, CSS, XML) is a plus
• Good understanding of database concepts and ability write T-SQL queries for database testing
• Good knowledge of Web, Windows application deployment, operation and configuration
• Experience in test effort estimation and tracking
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment