Senior Credit Officer (VP)
New York, NY | Full Time
High Profile International Bank in Manhattan seeks a Senior Credit Officer.
Tremendous full-time direct hire career opportunity with International Organization that offers a great work environment, interesting projects and competitive compensation.
Great match for either an experienced Senior Credit Officer looking to make a career move or a team lead who is ready to step up to the next level.
You will be responsible for:
- The timely assessment of credit applications, annual reviews and administrative notifications for Senior Management.
- Independently evaluate credit applications, annual credit reviews, and administrative notifications prepared by Relationship Managers and Business Credit Analysts, or existing and potential clients bringing a high level of consultative expertise, intelligence and discretion to the various analyses.
- Prepare memorandum to support recommendation to either approve or decline – highlighting key risks & mitigating factors and basis for internal risk rating.
- Ensuring reliable detailed credit reviews.
- Evaluation of multiple trustworthy sources of data in order to make a fair and balanced assessment of the borrowers' credit, management, operational and financial capabilities as it relates to the existing or potential commitment.
- Ensuring smooth, efficient and effective flow of the credit review process. Coordinating and collaborating with marketing, accounting and operations departments to effect good bi-directional flow of information to ensure a smooth and efficient credit process without compromising credit quality.
- Proactively seeking ways of increasing efficiency, increasing productivity, and improving communication across the teams.
- Work cooperatively across global jurisdictions on initiatives for improved frameworks that promote efficiencies.
- Portfolio monitoring and reporting:
-Developing and preparing exposure reports as required including:
-Periodic Exposure Reports
-Head Office Reporting
- M.B.A or B.A. with formal credit training
- 7+ years of experience in credit risk management
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures especially as related to financial statements; keen analytical skills; precise writing skills; full understanding of the impacting of deadlines on work product; thorough working knowledge of various bank products and services; developed ability to appropriately gauge industry / market trends.
- Process driven; excellent time management; works efficiently under pressure and deadlines; highly developed ability to work independently and to function equally well as team player/leader, superior communication skills, demonstrates accountability and ability to lead by example, comfortable as a mentor and well able to encourage success in others.