Senior Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA | Full Time
Top Company seeks Senior Business Systems Analyst with strong reference data and systems integration background.
You will be embedded directly within a business unit and will participate in all IT related initiatives from inception to implementation and support for the business group.
This will include documenting business processes, developing needs analysis, requirements gathering, performing system and user acceptance testing, and effectively translating financial concepts to IT Development and QA groups.
In summary, you will:
* Define the strategy and roadmap for technology related to reference data management, pricing (security master file) and related systems integrations
* Drive adoption of corporate standards and frameworks for all related data governance
* Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions to ensure alignment with business objectives
* Identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment, potential improvement areas, and the financial implications of those decisions
* Gather, validate, document, and facilitate implementation of business requirements for technology initiatives (includes business / data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs)
* Participate in user acceptance testing and support system training / documentation
* Responsible for project leadership and reporting standards
* Form strong working relationships with both business groups and technical staff
* Provide production support
* Experience with reference data management, security master file, pricing systems and related systems integration
* Hands on experience using Bloomberg and Market data solutions (Reuters, LPC, KDP…)
* Understanding of relational databases including SQL queries, reporting schemas, data transformations
* Experience in project management: reporting status, milestones, and project deliverables
* In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in supporting and implementing multiple projects and iterations of several applications simultaneously including managing regular software release cycles
* Must be a team player capable of assuming various roles (business analyst, systems analyst, data analyst, tester, project manager) to ensure the success of projects
* Some experience with data warehousing preferred
* Completed college degree with in addition to MBA and/or CFA with concentration in finance or technology preferredred