Senior Business Analyst
Boston, MA | Full Time
A top financial services company in the Boston, MA area seeks a Senior Business Analyst with reference data systems integration expertise.
This is a direct hire full time role with a company that offers very competitive compensation (up to 130K+ bonus....), interesting projects and lots of opportunity for promotion.
You will be embedded in a business unit, participating at various levels in all technology related initiatives from inception to implementation and support.
You will need to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the business, documenting business processes, developing needs analysis, documenting functional and technical specifications, perform system & user acceptance testing, and effectively communicating specific financial concepts to development and testing groups.
In summary, you will:
* Define strategy and roadmap for technology related to reference data management, pricing / security master file and related systems integration.
* Drive adoption of corporate standards and frameworks for data governance.
* Help define and develop security master file and systems integration strategy.
* Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives.
* Identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment, potential improvement areas, and the financial implications of those decisions.
* Gather, validate, document, and facilitate implementation of business requirements for technology initiatives; this will include business / data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs.
* Participate in user acceptance testing and support system training and documentation.
* Responsible for project leadership and project reporting standards.
* Production support as well as related application development projects.
* Hands on experience Market Data and Advent Geneva experience
* Experience with reference data management, pricing systems and related systems integration
* Strong understanding of relational databases, reporting schemas, data transformations including SQL
* Some experience with fixed income financial products from an IT/BA perspective
* Experience in project management and/or managing regular software release cycles
* Experience with reporting status, milestones, and deliverables regarding the project
* Prior experience in security master file, reference data management, pricing systems and related systems integration required
* Knowledge of fixed income securities and workflow related to data management and pricing
* In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in supporting & implementing applications
* Completed college degree with Finance or Technology course of study required, MBA/CFA preferred