Senior Applications Analyst - Hedge Fund
Greenwich, CT | Full Time
Top Asset Management Company seeks Senior Applications Analyst with strong database programming skills.
This is full time direct hire role working for an expanding mid-sized firm that offer interesting project work and competitive compensation.
In this role you will be responsible for working with various business units to develop, maintain, implement, and support business processes as well as information reporting:
* Development, maintenance and production support of client’s existing trading & operational systems
* Build custom front-end reporting tools while integrating with existing back-end systems
* Participate in the analysis and recommendation of deploying third-party solutions (build vs. buy)
* Review existing computer programs and recommend refinements, improvements, and enhancements to ensure most efficient methods are employed
* 5+ years in IT with extensive experience developing financial systems for Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund or Asset Management industry.
* Strong understanding of financial services including asset classes, instruments, workflows and products.
* Expert Microsoft SQL server with knowledge of stored procedures, sophisticated query design, database structure design & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Strong hands-on .NET, VB Script, JAVA experience.
* Experience with the following preferred: Order Management Systems , Portfolio Accounting and Market Data Applications (Bloomberg, Factset,…)
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related course of study