RPG Programmer Analyst
Newark, NJ 07105 | Contract
Top Company seeks RPG Programmer Analyst.
Nice long-term contract opportunity with a stable company.
You will be responsible for the modifying and upgrading of existing software as well as being involved with new initiatives, developing and testing programs using iSeries, RPGLE, CLLE, and Java.
Ensure that programs are functioning correctly and that the application functions in accordance with the enhancement specifications.
Developing custom programs and reports, customizing application programs, performing complex queries, and possessing a thorough understanding of the RPG IV and CL programming languages and AS400 database platform.
* Reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's application systems
* Designing and coding screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems
* Reviewing existing computer systems capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing systems
* Analyzing, defining, and documenting system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
* Developing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the company databases
* Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program operations
* Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, specifications, logic, coding, and user operating procedures
* RPG IV programming experience
* SQLRPG programming experience
* CL programming experience
* DB2/400 experience
* AS400 Reporting Tools (SQL, Sequel, Query/400) experience
* AS400 - ODBC connectivity
* Data extraction, file uploads and downloads to / from PC's
* Knowledge of manufacturing, warehouse management, and transportation systems
* Experience with databases and client-server concepts utilizing AS400 and Microsoft SQL server based platforms
* Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Boss
* Knowledge of ERP packages (BPCS, LX, PRMS, KBM, etc)
* RDBMS including DB2, Oracle, MS SQL