New York, NY 10017 | Contract
We have a long term consulting opportunity available for a mid-levelProject Manager with Bank Systems Project experience.
You will organize, lead, manage, monitor and report on key complex multi-disciplinary projects (IT and non IT) working on-site at a high profile financial institution in Manhattan.
This is an immediate hire for a 8-12 month contract with the strong possibility of extension and/or permanent hire based on your performance.
In summary, you will lead the planning and implementation of projects:
- Holding meetings with the project stakeholders
- Develop project plans, identifying dependencies and owners
- Manage scope, deliverables, milestones, timelines, risks, issues and actions
- Monitoring the progress projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects
- Tracking and manage project risks and issues
- Hold regular stakeholder and working group project status meetings
- Reporting status to management
- Overseeing the change management process
- Providing support to the project teams
- Must be an experienced hands-on Project Management professional with PMP certification strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with a Project Management Office (PMO) with the ability to provide Project Management thought leadership
- Experience with managing large scale business system implementations (Subject Matter Expert in system implementations) and cross functional teams
- Experience successfully negotiating and mediating conflicts and issues, including competing priorities among stakeholders and co-sponsors
- 5+ years of work experience with a financial institution
- Background in change management and requirements definition
- Ability to setup and manage projects using MS Project and other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, and the ability to present status reports, issues logs, audit findings to very senior executives