Project Manager / Business Development (Rail and Transit)
Boston, MA | Full Time
Are you a highly skilled Project Manager with experience in international trade, logistics and/or the rail & transportation industry who would like to better utilize your business savvy/acumen by participating in Business Development?
We have a tremendous hybrid career opportunity for a Project Manager/Business Development professional to join a High Profile International Logistics Company as part of the Rail and Transit Division.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a company that offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a very stable and professional work environment.
In this role you will provide Project Management, Sales/Marketing and Project Development working to achieve project goals with business partners and clients.
- Establish good relationships with existing and potential suppliers and customers
- Follow up on-going projects with partners and understand all project issues so that the firm can execute its services in a timely manner for several projects simultaneously.
- Keep contact with customers and acknowledge customers’ requirements, then instruct partners to keep them on track and minimize disruptions.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions in case of a change of requirements or schedule; debate resolve interpretation of same.
- Monitor and acknowledge the status of on-going projects through close communication with partners and clients; make timely reports to management, including supervision of invoicing and fee collection from clients.
- Develop new projects to supply and install equipment.
- Organize tactically and plan well in advance for target projects in terms of partnering, technical advantages, cost competitiveness, timeframe,...
- Take initiative for planning, organizing and leading marketing between customers and suppliers with knowledge of technical specifications for vehicles and components.
- Prepare bid documents for tender projects.
- Set up meetings with customers, from engineering to senior management.
- Negotiate with customers considering both commercial and technical factors, and convince suppliers to meet customers’ requirements.
- Negotiate and finalize Agreements and Terms & Conditions
- Plan business strategy and budget upon acknowledgement of on-going project status and future project prospects in consultation with management.
- Make presentations internally as well as externally to share and reach consensus on strategy and action plans.
- Manage and check profit and loss as well as receivables and payables, payments and profit on a monthly basis.
- 4+ years of experience in project management and/or B-to-B sales of some related rail, transportation, industrial equipment and/or materials.
- Completed bachelor's degree, MBA's welcome to apply
- Basic knowledge of business processes (accounting principles,...)
- Some related international trade and logistics and/or rail and transit industry experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of investment related activities
- Adaptability and flexibility to compete in a very dynamic industry and marketplace
- Strong intrepreneurship with enthusiasm to create new business opportunities with no leads and no sources.
- Ability to execute several tasks and channels of communication concurently while making strategy based on understanding of relavant information and data.