Portfolio Associate / Data Analyst
New York, NY | Full Time
High Profile Asset Management Company in Manhattan seeks Portfolio Associate / Data Analyst.
This is a full-time direct hire with a top company that offers competitive compensation, great benefits and ample opportunity for advancement.
In this role you will support the fundamental research and portfolio construction processes by creating and maintaining the various analytical tools, research materials and reports used by the Analysts.
This position is critical to the success of the Portfolio Analysts and in addition to providing quantitative support to the team, you will also work closely with the Marketing Team to ensure they have the necessary updates to meet current client and prospect requests.
In summary, you will:
• Develop, maintain and improve tools used in the day-to-day research management of the strategy, including FactSet, Bloomberg and Excel (including Excel macros )
• Coordinate and prepare research materials for weekly team meetings, including screen and triage reports, geographic exposure reports and valuation templates
• Gather and update quarter-end information including: new screen names, sample stocks, dividend increasers, top/bottom performers, reasons bought/sold and sources/uses of cash examples
• Communicate appropriate quarter-end information to Marketing Team for inclusion in pitch book and other marketing materials
• Gather ad-hoc research as requested by the analysts (sell-side reports,...)
• Work on various projects that help improve the efficiency of the Analyst team or that further support the investment process
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience in financial services industry or data analysis field
• Understanding of the financial markets/equities
• Proficiency in quantitative analysis tools – expert level skills in Microsoft Excel required with a strong working knowledge of Visual Basic
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Completed Bachelor’s degree required with strong academic performance.
• Knowledge of FactSet, Advent APX and Bloomberg