Operational Risk Management Analyst
New York, NY | Full Time
High Profile mid-sized Financial Firm seeks Operational Risk Management Analyst.
This is a direct hire full-time role with a company that offers competitive compensation in addition to a phenomenal benefits package.
You will actively identify, measure, mitigate, and manage the operational risks associated with the normal business activities and strategic initiatives.
In summary, you will:
- Help to manage the design, development and execution of the Business Continuity program.
- Ensure monitoring of Business Continuity standards and execution against regulatory guidelines
- Ensure adequate resiliency of Business Continuity processes with all the vendors who provide services to the branch.
- Organize and manage Business Continuity testing including ensuring adequate access controls, ID management for recovery sites.
- Review and test business units regarding their preparedness for business interruptions and partner with them to document and test business continuity plans
- Take ownership and manage the monthly collection and reporting of Key Risk Indicators
- Review, identify and document KRIs and partner with business groups to review and modify KRIs
- Perform reviews of the Risk and Control Self-assessment documentation and partner with business units to set up appropriate control testing as well as KRIs to support the processes outlined by the RCSAs
- Partner with other members of the ORM team to facilitate review of data across various ORM programs including - Incident Tracking, Issues Management, Scenario Analysis, Risk Acceptances.
- Update senior management periodically on the status of Business Continuity and KRIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with the ability to present before senior management
- Must have strong knowledge of Operational Risk Management (ORM) functions within a financial institution.
- Subject matter expert in Business Continuity, RCSAs, KRIs, IT Risk
- Strong technical skills with VBA, Excel, SQL, PowerPoint,Identity Access Management (IAM),..
- Knowledge of front office, middle office, back office and IT from an Operational Risk Management banking operations and Capital Markets viewpoint.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related quantitative course of study (Mathematics, Economics,...)