NOC Support Specialist (weekend overnight shift)
New York, NY | Contract
Top Company seeks NOC Support Specialist (weekend overnight shift 6pm-6am) to provide primary Level 1 technical and customer service support, addressing problems concerning IT, voice services, including maintenance, installation, usage and testing.
You will address end user requests and issues, attempting to provide resolution and seek guidance or escalation as required.
Lots of training, exposure, and opportunity for advancement for highly analytical, hardworking junior NOC technician with a Computer Science degree and great communication skills.
Competitive compensation (50-57K) and immediate hire on a contract-to-hire basis.
In this role you will:
- Provide Help Desk support over the telephone and through email to clients for voice and data desktop and network solutions.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Utilize remote access to PBX and data operating systems and direct communications with clients within the established department guidelines for consistency of solution support.
- Provide client training over the telephone for basic voice and data applications.
- Initiate escalation and follow up procedures to assist in timely issue resolution.
- Ensure that all issues are addressed, and escalated where appropriate for resolution of voice and data desktop and network problems.
- Provide support for the dispatch function by continually updating the dispatch Board and ensuring that all requests are closed upon work completion.
- Responsible for monitoring and trouble shooting of network alarms.
- Perform initial diagnosis of problems related to network, system, and services failures
- Perform daily checklists for proper functionality of networks, systems and services
- Remotely debugs hardware and software basic problems, coordinates preventive maintenance, and/or corrective programs.
- Analyzes client Moves/Adds/Changes requests.
- Identify and refers system, network and chronic problems to senior team members through direct trouble analysis and/or diligent monitoring of service tickets.
- Assist in vendor access and the management of the keys for switch rooms.
- Provide basic support for PBX and voice mail software programming; software express.
- Provide basic programming support for email server connectivity, TCP/IP configuration and anti-virus issues.
- Learn and utilize up-to-date knowledge on current and new communications hardware and software systems.
- 2+ years experience in NOC environment
- Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study
- Must have proven experience in troubleshooting and must possess strong analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of computer operating systems, desktop applications software/hardware and knowledge of desktop troubleshooting, Voice solutions, PBX technology (Avaya), Data Solutions (LAN technology and terminology, Cisco, Copper Mountain), Network Management & Monitoring Tools, Wireless Solutions, Exchange, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), DNS, FTP, and other networking protocols.