Lead Systems Engineer
New York, NY 10017 | Full Time
Top International Bank seeks Lead Systems Engineer.
This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for systems engineering and support focusing on Windows Server/Active Directory and Virtualization.
Lots of interesting projects with expanding financial institution and you will have tremendous breadth of responsibilities within an enterprise yet mid-sized environment.
This is a direct hire full-time career opportunity with a stable institution that offers very competitive compensation (130-140K+ bonus) in addition to one of the best benefits packages available.
You will be responsible for the enterprise Windows Server environment, Virtualization with some additional projects and responsibilities regarding Network/Security operations and trading systems applications:
- Assure daily availability of all LAN related applications
- Network infrastructure monitoring and administration
- Support all network activity and act as liaison between the bank and vendors for system problems
- Assist in developing and monitoring Network Security intrusion detection, endpoint security and Firewall administration
- Maintain and tests disaster recovery systems, updating disaster recovery procedures as necessary
- 5+ years of related systems engineering experience including strong Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory and Exchange 2007/2010 experience
- VMware ESX vSphere 3.5 or higher administration and support experience
- Experience working from system requirements and design specifications through implementation and support
- Strong commitment to quality improvement and innovation
- Some related experience with networking and security: network protocols, TCP/IP, Cisco Routers, Switches, Cisco or Juniper Firewalls, and Intrusion Detection, and Prevention Systems
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) preferred; SQL knowledge helpful
- Banking / Financial industry experience strongly preferred
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related course of study