Lead Data Analyst/Architect - BI/DW
New York, NY | Full Time
Top Buy Side Firm seeks Lead Data Analyst/Architect with strong Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse skills (Microsoft stack).
You will be the lead systems analyst taking ownership of the data warehouse and related trade flow, conducting complex projects relating to data integration with internal downstream processes and external market data / analytics vendors.
This role will involve hands-on development of custom database/business intelligence/data warehouse/reporting solutions.
Applications you will work on include, but are not limited to: Reporting applications, Order Management System (OMS), and various internally developed applications.
The position also includes examining the methods and processes of the business flows for various business units, eliciting and documenting end user system requirements, developing new methods and assessing and documenting business processes, performing system and quality assurance tests, and recommend process flow improvements.
You will also be intimately involved with new business on boarding projects.
In summary, you will be:
1. Working with a small team that provides high quality development and support for all equities trading and sales systems and technologies.
2. Gathering and documenting user business requirements.
3. Performing data analysis.
4. Preparing UAT test cases and providing support for implementations / upgrades.
5. Ability to build a strong rapport with the Trading Desk, Portfolio Managers, the Sales Team, Compliance Officers and Operations teams.
6. Develop a familiarity with the current workflow processes for the business groups supported.
7. Provide production support of CRM system and in-house applications.
* Completed Bachelor’s Degree with Computer Science or related course of study
* Deep experience with SQL Server: SSRS/SSAS
* Visual Studio (C#)
* PowerShell scripting experience
* Strong analytical ability
* Familiarity with SharePoint and Document Management technologies
* Must be detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to issues.
* Experience with standard tools for Project Management and analysis (i.e. Microsoft Office, Visio and Microsoft Project).
* A self-starter with a keen ability to take initiative, learn quickly and think outside of the box in a dynamic fast paced environment.
* Experience with advanced analysis methodologies (data flow diagrams, use case diagrams, work and process flow diagrams, etc).
* Finance knowledge and/or experience including understanding portfolio management concepts and trading lifecycles
* Experience analyzing workflows for equities investment groups: trading system processes, trade order entry, and/or decision support portfolio management systems preferred.
* Some knowledge of investment management compliance rules helpful