Information Security Analyst
New York, NY | Full Time
High Profile International Company based in NYC seeks an Information Security Analyst.
You will be responsible for monitoring the IT security infrastructure, articulating technical security requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of the existing IT security controls framework, making recommendations for enhancements, and raising the level of security awareness.
You will be a part of the security team that safeguards the infrastucture and information across the company worldwide.
This role involes implementation, maintenance and configuration of key initiatives.
- Responsible for deploying suite of security tools, including, but not limited, to URL filtering, SIEM, IDS/IPS, APT’s, AV, VA scanner
- Perform vulnerability scans and/or analyze results from vulnerable scans and assist with the remediation as necessary
- Report to management concerns of residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance
- Perform product evaluations and recommend and implement products/services for information security related hardware and software
- Ensure access to all information systems is controlled, both internally and externally, commensurate with the level of potential risk. Recommend appropriate corrections
- Participate in the computer security incident response team efforts and other security investigation activities as assigned
- Participate in security incident response efforts to include remediation with an appropriate sense of urgency and criticality
- Define and implement appropriate security requirements for IT projects
- Work with Information Technology team to produce monthly operational metrics
- Drive continuous improvement through trend analysis reporting and metrics management
- Provide technical assistance to IT staff in the detection and resolution of security problems
- Coordinate multiple projects concurrently and influence the decision making process
- Works with information security leadership to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks
- Communicate and report issues, status, and results to senior management
- 4+ years of experience in information security role
- Experience with vulnerability management scanning platforms
- Knowledgeable in DLP, SIEM, AV, APT and Vulnerability Analysis principles
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information with suitable discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor; ability to work effectively with all levels of Firm personnel and vendors
- Bachelor's degree with Computer Science or related course of study (math, engineering, physics,...)
- Professional certifications: CISSP, CISA, or CISM