IT Infrastructure Engineer
280 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for an immediate IT Infrastructure Engineer role working for a smaller High Profile International Bank.
Working in midtown (this is a hybrid role onsite in Manhattan 3 days per week) you will provide hands-on systems support in a production environment in a very professional environment.
Jobs at high-end companies like this are very hard to find, contact ASAP if you are interested in learning more.
This is an immediate hire on a long term contract basis with the possibility of conversion to full-time.
In this role you will:
- Review Network diagrams and documentation, assist the IT department during annual IT manual review / updates to ensure accuracy of references to the network infrastructure.
- Update documentation for IT policies and procedures including daily tasks, security best practices, business continuity and network infrastructure based on discussion with the IT staff.
- Assist the IT department with the buildout, testing and rollout of new laptops; configure and deploy laptops for executives
- Manage technology inventory including retiring old equipment
- For the trading floor and corporate offices you will manage break fix issues- troubleshooting, documenting and resolving issues
- Support a variety of Windows based physical and virtual machines
- Support several market data platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters), as well as other financial applications
- Hands-on Banking IT experience strongly preferred
- Systems and hardware: Microsoft Server / desktop technologies, Firewall / VPN, proxy web server, Cisco switches and routers and infrastructure security best practices.
- Operating Systems: MS Windows Server 2019 and above, Cisco IOS
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi
- Cybersecurity: Knowledge and experience of cybersecurity standards and best practices.
- Microsoft Server technologies (including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS), Network storage technology, VMware ESXi, Windows Server 2019, security log auditing, off-site replication, security gateways, network monitoring software, McAfee Anti-Virus, web proxy servers and Cisco switches & routers, laptop / PC imaging software, laptop / server security / software patching software.
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Completed college degree with Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study preferred