HL7 Interface Analyst
New York, NY | Contract
High Profile Company seeks an Interface Analyst to maintain and monitor the enterprise database interface.
This is a full-time direct hire role with an organization that offer competitive compensation (base salary 100-105K) and a comprehensive benefits package.
In this role you will:
* Monitor database performance, identify and resolve any database related problems.
* Install and upgrade Oracle servers and application tools, creating primary storage structures and primary objects.
* Participate in the management of the full development cycle of all enterprise integration of various systems, including the creation of formal functional requirements, technical design specs, and development of quality test plans, interface implementation and maintenance.
* Write programming code required to translate data into different programming languages to move data across the interface.
* Use the interface engine (configure, connect, install, support and maintain interfaces) to communicate.
* Tests proposed changes to the interface.
* Work with Vendors to implement and test data transmissions
* Manage databases including: start-up, shut-down, enrollment, and ongoing control and maintenance.
* Responsible for integration activity including HL7, SQL file downloads.
* Conduct moderate to complex analysis and design tasks for the development of interface systems.
* Creates databases, allocating physical and logical storage on Unix.
* Develops interfaces for Clinical Systems.
* Manage physical and logical storage; increase it as needed to allow the database to grow.
* Plan, test and execute backup and recovery procedures
* Adopt, promote and actively contribute to the continuous process improvement of the interoperability and integration of systems.
* Completed college degree with Computer Sciences or related course of study
* 4+ years of systems experience, including 2 years of database experience and at least 2 years of interface experience.
* Expert Computer Application skills especially Access.
* Expert level Unix, AIX, LINUX and Shell Scripting
* Very strong Interface Engine