Desktop Support Technician
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for an immediate remote Desktop Support Technician role.
Working in midtown Manhattan* you will provide hands-on systems support in a production environment in a very professional fast paced professional environment as part of a long term Windows 10 migration at a very high end Asset Management Company.
In this role you will:
- Configure and deploy PC' s and laptops for executives
- For the trading floor and corporate offices you will manage break fix issues- troubleshooting, documenting and resolving issues
- Support a variety of Windows based physical and virtual machines
- Support several market data platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters), as well as other financial applications
This is an immediate remote hire on a long term contract basis.
- Strong hands-on desktop support experience with Windows 10 / Windows 7, Windows 10 migration experience strongly preferred.
- Some related experience in the banking and/or financial industry including trading floor and Market Data (Reuters, Bloomberg,...).
- Detailed knowledge in PC/laptop hardware, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), McAfee antivirus and desktop endpoint security, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Active Directory (joining endpoints to domain,...).
- Proficient knowledge of VDI virtual infrastructure VMware Horizon View environment preferred
- Experience preparing and deploying PC' s and laptops for executives
- Experience managing PC equipment inventory
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to move physical equipment hardware
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Completed college degree with Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study preferred
*Due to COVID this is currently a remote role