Desktop Support Specialist
Boston, MA | Full Time
Top Company seeks Desktop Support Specialist to provide end-user technical support in a corporate environment.
Stable company that offer a strong compensation package 40-45K+ in addition to exceptional benefits.
In this role you will:
* Provide day-to-day support for employee desktop-computing issues.
* Image, configure and install desktops and laptops for new hires, creating accounts for enterprise applications.
* Install and support enterprise-wide applications such Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office 2003 and 2010 and business applications.
* Perform hardware replacements
* Works with technical staff during the relocation of network and PC equipment.
* Maintains accurate PC, printer, software and LAN equipment inventory through inventory tracking software and vendor services.
* Manages client configuration inventory including software, hardware, IP addresses, and various other system addresses.
* Participates in the development and maintenance of departmental procedures.
* Sets up for presentations using multimedia equipment such as laptops and projectors.
* 1+ years of technical support experience in a corporate technology environment
* Strong technical knowledge of Windows Desktop OS support
* Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
* Exceptional communication skills and a strong customer service orientation
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with great attention to detail.