Credit Risk Analyst
New York, NY | Full Time
High Profile mid-sized Financial Firm seeks Credit Risk Analyst with strong technical skills.
This is a direct hire full-time role with a company that offers competitive compensation in addition to a phenomenal benefits package.
Perfect career move for someone who works for an International Bank that is suffering shrinkage or someone who works for a large money center bank but would like to take their credit risk training to an organization where they will have more opportunity for recognition and career growth.
In this role you will:
- Perform quantitative credit risk analysis, counterparty credit risk, stress testing and scenario analysis, concentration and industry risks, EDF, LGD, PD, and EAD
- Responsible for providing credit risk analysis reports on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis including preparing monthly Credit Risk Management Committee materials
- Assist in the management of existing and new regulations and with the implementation of Credit Risk Management policies and procedures; establish and write policies for new and existing procedures and reporting.
- Make improvements in credit risk reporting, credit policies and procedures and governance to effectively control the inherent risks of the bank’s operations, including the application of regulatory guidelines and industry best practices
- Maintain an appropriate credit measurement and monitoring process and develop new standards to streamline various processes
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Risk Management
- Credit risk management experience with exposure to various products such as lending products, structured finance, credit derivatives as well as fixed income and foreign exchange
- Knowledge of credit risk management applications on credit transition matrices, loss given default and credit portfolio risk management
- Strong technical background with MS Access and MS Excel, some related experience building and implementing risk management programs and systems; SQL and VBA skills are required, and coding skills in statistical analysis software are desirable
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related quantitative course of study (Mathematics, Economics,...)