Business Continuity AVP
1251 Avenue of the Americas , 22nd Floor New York, NY 10017 US
This is a direct hire full-time role with a premiere Organization that offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance and improvement of the Business Continuity Management (“ BCM”) and all related materials, including Governance, Business Impact Analysis (“ BIA”), Risk Assessment (” RA”), Business Continuity (“ BC”) Strategy, Disaster Recovery (“ DR”)/BC Plan, Exercising/Testing, and Education/Awareness to prepare the foundation for potential business disruptions and resumption of business activities.
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of the BIA and RA conducted by Operations Risk Management Department (“ ORM“) and related departments and establish BC Strategy to control the residual risk. Participate in BIA and RA processes as necessary, compiling the results and reporting to the BCP manager and Management.
- Complete one comprehensive annual risk assessment per year for BCM
- Re-design the business impact analysis (BIA) process to align with requirements and ensure all BIAs are updated at least once per year
- Break down the BC strategy into step-by-step details and develop BC Plan as well as DR Plan. The strategy and plan should be flexible and adaptable to changes in the environment, organization and business.
- Facilitate developing of overall drill and testing plan to ensure the effectiveness of the BC Plan and DR Plan, and schedule, coordinate attend, and conduct the drill and testing in cooperation with the relevant departments.
- Provide oversight and document the results of drills and testing for the BC plan and DR plan. Develop a quality assurance process for BCM. Make recommendations for improvements based on analysis of these results.
- Collect, calculate and aggregate metrics monthly for entity level and COE reporting related to BCM
- Resolve audit issues, regulatory issues and open and close self-identified issues for BCM
- Complete Call Tree Notification Exercises, Unannounced Remote Equipment Checks, System Workaround Tests, Recovery Site Tests; document a schedule of tests for the year and maintain/execute the schedule
- Perform Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) assessments on vendor engagements related to BCM
- 7+ years of experience in a similar BCM role working in a regulated banking or financial services environment.
- Extensive knowledge of finance-related business continuity management and planning techniques and best practices, regarding but not limited to BIA, RA, BC Strategy, BC and DR plan.
- A completed undergraduate college degree.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) is preferred.
- Strong organization skills
- MS Project, MS Office, Visio