Applications Developer / Data Analytics
Greenwich, CT 06830
Mid-sized High Profile Asset Management Firm seeks Applications Developer with strong Data Analytics experience to provide technology solutions to the buy-side Global Equities Research team.
You will focus on building tools to support research and portfolio management for the Global Equities investment team developing and supporting tools for building out a proprietary front-office research platform. Work will include data analysis, modeling and aggregation; implementing new market data downloads; portfolio implementation and quantitative model analytics; and reporting.
The Global Equities investment group continues to add new sources of market data, new security instruments, and new quantitative tools to its investment and research process. There is tremendous need for support in data acquisition, quantitative analysis, and portfolio tools development.
In summary you will:
- Design and develop next generation proprietary research platform for global equities research strategies.
- Development of front-end tools to aid portfolio optimization, monitoring and trade building
- Building a consolidated data repository and knowledge base
- Developing systems for downloading data from various internal and external sources
- Developing robust quality control processing, monitoring and workflow tools
- Implementation of risk and return models
- Simplification and automation of existing manual processes.
- Provide back-up to OMS and Portfolio Management IT systems subject matter expert.
I. Data Veracity Oversight
- Eliminating duplicate security entries and securities that are no longer publicly traded
- Optimizing the process for creating securities in database using standard information (e.g.company name, Bloomberg symbol, CUSIP, etc.)
- Monitoring the Documents section to ensure proper population of buy tickets, ratings grids, earnings previews, reviews and Stock Club material, as well as earnings models
- Overseeing the documentation of ratings as well as earnings estimates and price targets
- Considering opportunities to directly link economic data with individual securities
- Evaluating mechanisms for linking content in company financial models to the relevant fields in database (e.g. earnings estimates and price targets)
- Formulating frameworks to analyze database entries and their predictive value related to earnings revisions for individual securities
- Formulating frameworks to analyze security ratings and their predictive value related to investment performance
- Evaluating and analyzing third party data sets and culling the appropriate information
- Repackaging that third party data into a format that can be used by the investment team
- Ensuring that the third party data is properly populated in the database
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course of study, graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years in IT applications development with extensive experience developing financial systems for Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund or Asset Management industry that includes good understanding of global equities.
- 3+ years’ experience in Python (other object-oriented languages such as C++, C#, and Java can be considered)
- Strong hands-on .NET / .NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server with experience programming SQL queries and stored procedures, sophisticated query design, database structure design and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) required.
- Advanced Excel programming experience a strong plus
- Development experience in MATLAB/R a strong plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Must be willing to take full ownership of projects, covering analysis, technical design and implementation, testing, and deployment tasks
- Software engineering skills including object-oriented design, application of design patterns
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable working closely with investment research team including Portfolio Manager and Analysts.
- A strong desire to document and share work done to aid in long term support
- Candidate must be a self-starter, a dependable partner, and team player
- Experience working with risk models/attribution tools such as BarraOne, RiskMetrics, Axioma, Bisam B-one
- Portfolio Accounting applications, Order Management (OMS) applications and experience with market data vendors - Bloomberg, Factset, Bloomberg SAPI, QADirect, Barclays POINT, etc
- Experience with PnL and performance attribution reporting
- Experience with machine learning or big data
- Experience working on the buyside with extensive global equities exposure
- Demonstrable curiosity in quantitative research and investment