AML Compliance Analyst - Bilingual (English/Chinese)
New York, NY | Contract
Immediate hire long term contract opportunity for a Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin) AML Compliance Analyst to work in Manhattan.
You will be responsible for the BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program, managing the daily OFAC/AML monitoring responsibilities centralized at the Compliance Department, conducting quality control over the AML/OFAC work performed by other compliance staff, reviewing and monitoring various AML/OFAC related tasks performed by other business units, and coordinating in compliance related audits and exams.
- Oversee and implement the Branch’s BSA/AML/OFAC Program.
- Perform quality control of all BSA/AML/OFAC related tasks, including timely completion of the monthly AML profile reviews, investigations, SAR filings, and OFAC denials and reporting.
- Monitor BSA/AML/OFAC related tasks performed by the business departments, including transaction monitoring, CIP/CDD/EDD and OFAC denials.
- File CTRs and SARs and maintain proper documentation.
- Supervise other compliance staff in their daily work.
- Support SFB in BSA/AML/OFAC related tasks upon request.
- Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC related system testing.
- Participate in the SAR Committee and make final decisions on all SAR filings.
- Ensure the Branch is in full compliance with all applicable BSA/AML/OFAC laws and regulations.
- Completed college degree with finance, economics or related course of study preferred
- 2+ years of related experience in commercial banking.
- Must have full knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC laws and regulations; Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Certification is a plus
- Must read/write/speak English and Chinese (Mandarin) with especially strong writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to properly and accurately present information to Senior Management, Head Office, regulatory agency, law enforcement and public groups;
- Ability to implement effectively a comprehensive BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program;
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong analytical, research, and organizational skills.